Wednesday 27 August 2008

End Of An Era

Well that was it, Ford Judo Club closed its doors last night on the place it has called home for the last 40 years or so. It would have been nice to have seen out my 25th year of coaching there which would have been next year, but it wasn't to be. I have seen many come and go over the years and I suppose that is the circle of life, if they all stayed we would need Crystal Palace as our dojo.

We have been thrown a live line by Christine Evans at the Harlequins Gymnastics Club and I am looking forward now to getting the club set up there and recruiting new members, so if anyone knows of friends or relatives who would like to take up judo, now is a good time!!

See you all next week, Bryant Avenue, next to Tesco!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill, 40 years... wow!

KatrinaJayne said...

Hi Bill

Just a quick question. Me and my boyfriend want to start up, were 20 and 21, and complete begginers. So which class should we come to? You used to coach me back when I was smaller! Gotta be 7 or 8 years ago now! But yeah, if you could let me know which night to come along that would be great. Just comment it on here :o)

Hope to see you soon.
Katrina x