Saturday 19 July 2008

O What A Night

What a Great night, if you were there I hope you enjoyed yourself?, I know I did...
A Fantastic presentation, Bill receiving his 6th Dan from Dave Clark, representing the BJA. Bill was a star as always and did really well seeing the night out. Bill received a certificate and his 6th Dan in a great presentation case made by Nigel, Bills brother in law.

Chris Bowles gave a great speech and gave a little insight to their great rivalry as competitors in the early days, it was touch and go between them who would go to the 1980 Olympics and Chris just pipped Bill to go....
Chris made a presentation to Bill giving him his Olympic tie, a nice gesture and I think appreciated by Bill.

Ford judo club also made a presentation of a commemorative medal for his outstanding achievements in his judo career...
It was a sad night as this would be the last gathering in the club, it was rather fitting it went out on such a special occasion...

I will post the new location on the blog as soon as I know where we are relocating to...
I'm of to Bath Uni now for 2 weeks, wish me luck!!!

Bill...

No comments: